Sunday, March 27, 2005

Things I Miss About The South

Yes, I'm from the South. And no, I don't say y'all - unless you're also from the South. Then it just kind of slips out. I can't help it, I swear.

Kudzu. This is the creepiest (har!) plant I have ever seen.


Kudzu eats cars for lunch.

Bourbon Street. The fun part is squeezing past knots of men formed around one woman who, for a two-dollar plastic bead necklace, just might flash her breasts at them. Typical statement heard on Bourbon Street: “Hey, let me by! I just wanna – no, don’t throw up on me, dammit!”


Moving at one block per hour.

Shotgun houses. They can be in various stages of decomposition.


The best house in town.

Corn on the cob. If it doesn’t come off a pickup truck on the side of the road, it doesn’t taste good.


Corn sure is special!

No comments: