Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Take My Business - Please!

Boy, does word get around fast. No sooner do I rank a mention from Margaret Marks and the Naked Translator than I receive this fax:


Hostile Takeover Bid

The tears come from my initial misgivings that this might be a joke, or spam. But then I realized how valuable my incoherent ramblings are to a multinational power player in investment banking. So I've decided to sell my business for a mere € 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

I plan on using the discounted cash flow to value my company, mainly because that bible of investment banking, "Monkey Business" refers to it as the "grandaddy of all crocks of shit. It's the technique that makes Linda Lovelace look like a Catholic schoolgirl and Richard Nixon look like Abe Lincoln."

Soon, I hope to be updating you on what the rum in the Bahamas tastes like, and how to cope with the horrors of sand in your suit.

No comments: