Tuesday, April 05, 2005

New Buzzword - Triage / Priorisierung

The past few weeks, I've been hearing a lot about triage. Here's an IT definition:

1) A strategy designed to process the most important items first, such as dealing with priority email messages first and less important messages second.

Sounds like Priorisierung to me...

It's actually a medical term. Here's the medical definition:

1) This is a system of sorting patients according to their illness or injuries so that patients can be steered to the most appropriate health worker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad often worked in the "triage" section of the train station where he was an employee. It's the place where they sort out the trains.

Trench Warrior said...

That means it's probably an old word that's gaining currency nowadays. Hmmm. I'll have to keep my eye on it.

Of course, I probably won't hear the word ever again now.