Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Ergomania!

I almost always have WorkPace on. When I'm swamped, it's usually paused. But most of the time it's worth the extra aggravation. Try it. You might like it. Or at least not totally hate it.


A real pain in the neck

I also rest my rear on the patented Haider Bioswing chair. Don't believe the marketing hype, though. It doesn't revolutionize sitting. It won't make you a genius. It's just a really good chair. A really ... expensive chair. You may have to sell a kidney to pay for it.


Aiighhh! Get this phone creature off my face!

Before I moved into a separate office, I sat on a used Stokke chair I bought for peanuts on eBay. It's still my favorite chair, and I wish I could use it in my new set-up. I have to move around more now, though, and I really need a chair with casters. Too bad.


Rock 'n roll!

I also use two monitors - one 15" and one 19". Unless you're working in the back seat of your Volkswagen Beetle after your landlord evicted you, I highly recommend doing the same. You can have your dictionaries (or Trados Workbench) open in one screen, and the text you're working on in another screen. It cuts down on mousing enormously.


Take us to your leader!

No comments: