Thursday, April 07, 2005

I Translate, Ergo I Type

If you're an ergonomics junkie like me, you may be interested in Datahand's sale:

While inventory lasts, we are offering 50% lower pricing for DataHand® Ergonomic Keyboards: Personal $497ea., ProII $647ea. and Ten Key $247ea. The new pricing includes a 90 day limited warranty.


Since they normally cost in the neighborhood of $1200, that's actually a bargain. I would recommend the ProII version - it offers remappable keys, and with the keyboard's layout, you won't be able to use a software remapper.

The only downside is the steep learning curve. I'm finally coming to grips with my own Datahand keyboard. Before, I would give up and use my trusty ErgoElan when deadlines loomed near. Now, it only takes a little concentration. Soon, I hope to not have to think at all when I translate.

Wait - that didn't quite sound right.

No comments: